Brightwell-cum-Sotwell and Mackney have a Neighbourood Watch scheme operated by an enthusiastic team of Coordinators. They provide an active link between the Police and householders with the object of making our community ever safer.
This objective is achieved by:
- Passing on advice regarding property security
- Providing post-coding equipment suitable for uniquely marking all forms of valued property ranging from bicycles and lawnmowers to computers or precious items
- Knowing what to do when a crime occurs
- Using the Neighbourhood Alert automated message system to rapidly circulate news from the Police on criminal incidents that occur in the village so that neighbours can feed any relevant information back to the Police. To be included on the e-mail distribution list for these messages, click here to e-mail Coordinator Myron Edwards.
- The effectiveness of Neighbourhood Watch is recognised by most Insurance Companies and as a result they offer a substantial discount on House Contents Insurance.