The Bach Centre
The brick cottage known as Mount Vernon was once home to Dr Edward Bach, a Harley Street physician who developed homeopathic treatments using dilute extracts from wild flowers. He believed his remedies held the secret of inner harmony.
He died in 1936, and is buried in St James' churchyard, but his Remedies live on. People come from all over the world to see his grave and visit the Bach Centre for advice and training. The basic Mother Tincture is still made from flowers grown in the garden of Mount Vernon, although bottling and distribution now takes place in Abingdon.
Continuing along Bakers Lane we reach the junction with Bell Lane. Turning left here takes us past Wellsprings Sotwell House (home to the Village Fete in alternate years) with its distinctive...